Careers and World Languages
Science and Math Resources
- Anatomy and Biology videos – http://www.youtube.com/user/bullharrier?feature=mhum
Financial and Career Readiness
- Lemonade Stand – http://www.omsi.edu/exhibits/moneyville/activities/lemonade/lemonadestand.htm
- Financial Fitness for Life – http://fffl.ncee.net/activities/6-8/6-8.htm
- Personal Finances – http://www.omsi.edu/exhibits/moneyville/activities/getreal/getreal.htm
- Savings Quest – http://www.mysavingsquest.com/
- Start a comic shop – http://disney.go.com/hotshot/hsb2/
- What’s Up in Finance – http://www.thirteen.org/finance/
- Everyday Life Project – http://www.gcflearnfree.org/everydaylife
- Kids Work! – Virtual workplaces – http://www.knowitall.org/kidswork/index.html
- Education Wizard – https://www.vawizard.org/vccs/Main.action
- Salary.com – http://www.salary.com/mysalary.asp
- Resume builder – http://www.emurse.com/
Language Arts and Social Studies
- Similar to a Flat Stanley project – http://langwitches.org/blog/2011/09/10/why-and-how-to-participate-in-teddy-bears-around-the-world-project/
- http://education.usgs.gov/common/lessons/teaching_with_topographic_maps.html Great map resources
- Find the Lat and Long of anywhere in the world – http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html
- Go Social Studies Go – http://www.gosocialstudiesgo.com/
- Thumbscribes (13) – http://www.thumbscribes.com
- Early Photographs of Musicians Around the World – http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2011/08/02/vintage-music-archival-photographs/
- Breaking Bread Everywhere – http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/01/breaking-bread-everywhere-plentifully-or-pitifully/?src=daypPictures of what people around the world eat in a day.
- Other world cultures links from Larry Ferlazzo – http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2010/08/11/the-best-sites-for-learning-about-the-worlds-different-cultures/
- Transmitti – Downloadable translator app – http://www.transmiti.org/en/index.html
- Karaoke for ELL – http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2008/10/15/the-best-online-karaoke-sites-for-english-language-learners/
- Games for every subject area – http://www.mrwylie.com/
Cool Techie Tools
- AMAZING – http://www.sidevibe.com/ Unfortunately, only allows for 50 student accounts per teacher.
- http://www.pageflip-flap.com/ – Turn your text files in to page flipping books!
- http://www.jotform.com/ – Seems like a robust program but haven’t had enough time to play with it to see if it is better than Google forms.
- http://magazinify.com/ – Convert your Bookmarks and favorite articles into a pdf and mail it to yourself.